- Available in various sizes, patterns, and species
- Weather and pest resistant
- Creates uniform gaps between each board
- Cost-efficient compared to other options
- Easy to install
- A very fashionable design trend
Watch the video below to learn more about nickel gap tongue and groove.
FAQ’s about Shiplap vs Tongue and Groove
What is Cheaper: Nickel Gap Shiplap or Tongue and Groove?
Nickel gap shiplap is often cheaper than tongue and groove because the amount of time and labor required for installation are typically less.
When Should I Use Nickel Gap Shiplap?
Many factors need to be considered when choosing between nickel gap shiplap vs tongue and groove. The key issues being climate (only if you are planning to use them for the home exterior), budget, and your overall preference between the two.
What If I’m Still Not Sure?
To help make a final decision between nickel gap shiplap and tongue and groove, asking yourself:
- Will it bother me to see nails left over from installation?
- What color or finish do I envision for the space?
- How much space do I prefer between the boards?
You can always reach out to our experts at Reliance Timber for more insight and guidance.